Links to related websites
Midwifery Professional Organisations
The New Zealand College of Midwives is the professional organisation for midwives in New Zealand.
Midwifery Education Providers
The Victoria University of Wellington Post Graduate School of Nursing and Midwifery can be found here.
The websites for the four learning institutions that have Schools of Midwifery are:
- Otago Polytechnic: www.tekotago.ac.nz
- Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology: www.cpit.ac.nz
- Waikato Institute of Technology: www.wintec.ac.nz
- Auckland University of Technology: www.aut.ac.nz
- Contact Otago Polytechnic for information about midwifery training in Wellington
Other Health Practitioner Bodies
The Health and Disability Commissioner promotes and protects the rights of health and disability consumers, and facilitates the fair, simple, speedy, and efficient resolution of complaints.
Health and Disability Commissioner
The Health Practitioners Disciplinary Tribunal hears and determines disciplinary proceedings brought against health practitioners
Government and DHBs
District Health Boards - Site includes Links to the Internet sites of individual boards